You are hereHome ›
Accessory Structures, Foundation Repair, Foundation Drainage or Demolition
Accessory Structures, Foundation Repair, Foundation Drainage or Demolition:
The following items are required and form part of a complete application:
1. If you are doing any new construction or additions to an existing structure within the shoreline activity area, a Development Permit may be required;
2. A Township of Lake of Bays' building permit application fully completed including Roll Number.
3. If you are not the owner you will need a Letter of Authorization (Schedule 3) - for demolitions.
4. You will be required to submit the following plans:
- Site plan showing all structures, proposed structures, wells, and septic system, with dimension and & setbacks;
- Building plans (2 sets of each) including:
- Floor plans & Floor framing plan
- Cross sections (including air barrier location & details)
- Engineered floor systems
- Plumbing or a letter from a licensed plumber indicating he/she will be doing the installation
- Heating systems, duct work plans (including Heat Loss Calculations)
- Electrical drawings (ensure light fixtures, light switches, carbon monoxide/fire detectors are indicated on the drawing)
- Foundation repair or drainage drawings
- Any engineered documents
5. If you are building a deck or garage/shed yourself you may want to check out these construction guides:
6. Ensure that the "Schedule 1: Designer Information" is completed by each individual who has completed any of the above noted designs, ie: plumbing, heating, floor plans, etc. If the home owner is the designer they must complete a Schedule 1.
7. Permit Fees -
8. The performance level of a septic system must be evaluated if one or more of the following are proposed:
- Adding bedrooms;
- Adding fixtures; or
- Increasing floor area by 15% or greater
- The daily design flow of the septic system must meet Division B 18.104.22.168 of the Ontario Building Code.
If applicable, please refer to the septic application information below.
9. Check List: Is your application complete?
10. Have any questions please contact our office. Our office is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Inspections are completed in the morning and Inspectors are available for consultation in the afternoons.
NOTE: The Building Department review is to ensure that they meet Ontario Building Codes, Municipal By-law and other applicable law. If the project requires a septic approval, the building permit will not be issued until such approval is granted.
- Contact Us
- Corporate Mission Statement
- 2014 - 2018 Council
- Agendas and Minutes
- Appear as a Delegation
- Customer Service
- Building Department
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Corporate Services
- Fire Department
- Parks and Recreation
- Planning Department
- Public Works
- Employment Opportunities
- Lottery Licencing Information
- Public Notices
- Request for Proposals & Tenders
- Submit a Complaint