Skip to main content Skip to footer

Media Release

Electrical Fire in Dwight Detached Garage

The logo for the Huntsville Lake of Bays Fire Department

(Huntsville / Lake of Bays) On April 25th around 7:45 pm Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Fighters from Station Two in Port Cunnington, Station Three in Hillside and Station One in Huntsville responded to reports of an electrical heater on fire in a detached garage on Spring Lake Road in Dwight.

Upon arrival, fire fighters discovered a small fire in an electrical outlet box on an interior wall of the garage with an electrical heater plugged into it. The electricity to the garage was quickly isolated and the fire extinguished. The damage is estimated to be under one thousand dollars.

One person was transported to the Huntsville Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. They have since been released from the hospital and are recovering at home.

The Fire Department reminds residents that if a fire occurs in your home or workplace to get out and stay out, call 911 from outside of the building and away from danger. Even a small fire can grow rapidly.


For more information contact:

Grant Murchison
Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department
Fire Prevention Officer
705-789-5201 press 2
Involved Electrical Outlet from 1007 Spring Lake Road
Involved Electrical Outlet from 1007 Spring Lake Road

Contact Us

Township of Lake of Bays
1012 Dwight Beach Rd
Dwight, ON P0A 1H0

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.