Speak at a Council Meeting
If you wish to address Council about a specific topic or request please follow the instructions to make a delegation request.
Make a delegation request
Anyone wishing to address council on a matter will be required to:
- Complete the Delegation Request Form and submit to the Clerk by email or in person at least six (6) business days prior to the meeting
- Explain why you wish to appear before Council
- Include any presentations, handouts or other material with the Delegation Request Form.
All requests will receive a response in writing or by phone indicating approval, refusal, deferral or referral.
As an alternative to the Delegation Request Form above, requests can be submitted via email, regular mail, or in person to the Clerk's office.
Appearing as a delegation before council
All delegations to Council are subject to the following:
- A maximum of ten (10) minutes to present information;
- A maximum of four (4) delegations are permitted per meeting;
- A maximum of two (2) persons shall be permitted to address Council representing a group or organization;
- Delegations shall abide by the “conduct at meetings” described in Sections 4.8 and 5.4 of the Procedural By-law;
- May not speak on any subject other than the subject for which they have received approval to address;
- May not enter into cross debate with other delegations, administration, Members or the Chair;
- May not appear for the purpose of publically announcing an event; and
- Must refrain from public outbursts, shouting or behaviour intended to disrupt the discussion and/or general proceedings of the meeting.
For additional information or questions regarding the delegation process, please contact the Clerk.
Township of Lake of Bays
1012 Dwight Beach Rd
Dwight, ON P0A 1H0