- Available to properties with municipal heritage designation
- The program provides up to a 40% refund of property taxes based on the tax amount of that given year
- Property owners apply on an annual basis
- Property taxes must be paid and in good standing
- The owner must enter into an agreement with the Township to maintain the property or feature to the standards set out in the criteria and make the property available for inspection
- The relief is not available in conjunction with any other tax relief programs, including Provincial programs and conservation easements
- The program is subject to the availability of the rebate pool to be determined annually in the Township's budget
Heritage Property Tax Relief Program
The Township of Lake of Bays has adopted a Heritage Property Tax Relief Program that provides an incentive to property owners to invest in the on-going conservation of their heritage buildings. The property tax relief program encourages and supports property owners to be stewards of their heritage properties by protecting our history for future generations.
Designation is a great way to increase public awareness and appreciation of your heritage property. Please contact the Corporate Services Department if you are interested in finding out more about designating your heritage property.
Township of Lake of Bays
1012 Dwight Beach Rd
Dwight, ON P0A 1H0