Skip to main content Skip to footer

School Board Support Designation

Property owners in Lake of Bays, as well as all of Ontario, are required to support a school board, even if they do not have children or their children are not currently attending school. In the case of a residential property occupied by tenants, the tenants can direct the school support for that property.

Do you know which school board you support?

You can now view and update your school support designation through the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation’s (MPAC) online portal if you are a residential property owner or a tenant registered with MPAC.

There are 4 different school support designations to choose from

  • English public
  • French public
  • English separate (Catholic)
  • French separate (Catholic)

By default, school support is directed to your municipality's English Public School Board.

The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is legislatively required to collect school support information and provide it in the assessment roll to every municipality and school board.

By ensuring that you are supporting the school board of your choosing, you will be able to vote in the next municipal and school board election for trustees in that school board.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.